Classes

Monday 13 October 2014

New Idea

Woo!!  Two posts in one day.  No time like the present to get back into the habit.

I recently was going through my facebook news feed and came across a reference to Classcraft... a game that runs in the background while you teach.  As our school district has focused more and more on student collaboration (Tribes, Kagan), I have looked at ways that I can make these strategies meaningful and relevant in the classroom.  I don't just want these ideas to be something that I touch on but don't really implement.


As I read about Classcraft, I became very intrigued by the idea.  I won't summarize it here at this time, but do check out the website to see the basic idea.  I've purchased the premium version (I didn't want students to have to make in-app purchases with the freemium version) and will be setting this up with my homeroom tomorrow.  I'll share a few thoughts on how it goes later.

~Mr.T

No comments:

Post a Comment